Academic Management System
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore

Events of TNAU Coimbatore

Responsive image Responsive image New Registration Responsive image Faculty Registration for Training

The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) had its genesis from establishment of an Agricultural School at Saidapet, Madras, Tamil Nadu, as early as 1868 and it was later relocated at Coimbatore. In 1920 it was affiliated to Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of Agricultural Education and Research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore, was the only Institute for Agricultural Education for the whole of South India. In 1958, it was recognized as a Post-graduate Centre leading to Masters and Doctoral degrees. The Agricultural College and Research Institute, Madurai was established in 1965. These two colleges formed the nucleus of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University while it was established in 1971. More About AMS & TNAU, Coimbatore







AMS Version 2.0
Implemented Under NAHEP Component-II
Division of Computer Applications
ICAR-IASRI, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi - 110 012 (INDIA)


× HOME NAHEP CONTACT US